1. He’s the co-creator of the underground Caveman Robot empire, a multi-artform real-life crossover event that encompasses comics, costumes, toys, animation, performance & gallery art, movie-options, an offworld-Broadway musical, and, by the time I’m finished typing this, probably a toothpaste and a satellite phone app; he’s also the earthbound crossroads deity through whom everyone in indie comics and fringe theatre from Brooklyn to Chicago knows each other.
2. He carries a dictionary which he opens at random to make phrases out of the tabbed words at the top of each page to re-scramble conscious thought and access the codes of infinity.
3. Feats of strength and endurance: He can remain on stilts for an entire hobo-cabaret cotillion and has benchpressed two nerds at once (and I think it saved me gazillions in chiropraxis).
4. He called his dad “Morpheus to my Neo”; every time a fanboy avoids a Star Wars reference a daisy blooms in heaven.
5. His apartment, where he houses his old Pa and a brother, was trashed by a fire which made it unlivable, destroyed much of his stuff and killed a kitten -- most of his art and all of his human family is safe, but he needs domestic aide and his site (http://www.tetragrammatron.com) is full of art you can buy (on which his gallerist is waving the commission!), unique tchatchkes you can purchase (unicorn turds! Alternative dolls!), and stock you can buy in the Friends of Bell fanclub (you can find him on Facebook too [Jason Robert Bell to be exact]; Friend him and check for updates and events). We can’t do squat for Dwayne McDuffie but this is an investment in pop and comics’ future!