Friday, June 6, 2014

One More Week Until New Moon Prince Pages!




Dear Readers:

Thanks for being so patient while I've been polishing up the early pages of The Moon Prince! New pages are currently underway and will start running again on June 13th.

In the meantime, here's a little animation showing how I made page 207, starting with the “thumbnail” rough sketch I did on typing paper when I wrote it, then showing the collage layout I made with photos and 3D renderings, then the line drawing I made from that, the colored version, and finally the finished page with word balloons and “gutters” between the panels.

You'll notice that the same person is posing for all the male figures - that's me, because I work really cheap! Queen Melissa is modeled by my lovely wife Melissa, the real-life mom of the real-life Max and Molly.

Thanks as always for reading!
Best,
Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment